Current Limiting Protectors (CliP)
- For 2.8kV through to 38kV systems with continuous current ratings up to 5000A.
- Compact, totally sealed construction.
- Can be installed both indoors and out, pole or structure mounted or within enclosure.
- High continuous current ratings with current limitation and ultra-high speed operation.
- Can be used for system upgrades without replacing under-rated equipment such as circuit breakers, reclosers, switches or bus.
- Lower Breaker Ratings to reduce the cost of full rated equipment in new installations while improving protection.
- Close Bus Ties without exceeding equipment ratings.
- Energy saving application when used to by-pass fault limiting reactors to saving factor losses.
- For Arc Flash protection the let-through energy from a CLiP is typically less than 1% compared to a breaker.